Friday 19 March 2021

Light Angel in Darkness

 Light Angel in Darkness

 

 

Hello. To say goodbye properly

will be the last thing I ever do.

Four past years have kissed us

all our futures together apart,

and see, how I had your heart’s

crushed ground diamante on ice.

Your head holds its secrets within,

it leaves me so very far, far behind,

crying out I shall never understand.

We broke us both and you in turn

forgave me, kind smiles, returned

when I was going through a lot

of what is now and what is not

quite as it should not ever be.

Swept up by your warm whirlwind

away, thoughts of such sinning,

head reeled in my heart-spinning,

strong is that black magic you wield

over me, that I even started to feel:

look - it is the December of my life,

but living cuts me apart like knives

conjured, hurled in revolving boards,

I am fast whirling in circus bondage

dizzy, I will always find some place

to rabbit-look blindly into your face,

shivering as our songs play, then race

around to find, in my heart, a place

for you where we always used to know,

so, oh, my love I have to let you go.

 

 

I will always hear your cellos’ swell

in rising melody as you complete me.

Sweetie, I read, in your words, all hell.

Much could I write, perhaps I don’t.

Many songs to sing, perhaps I won’t.

In Angel wings embrace your sorrow

I will always protect you from tomorrow

to keep you from that infernal abyss

you gladly cast me into with a kiss.

Now that I returned, perhaps, perhaps,

I pulled an ice pick from your back,

for certainly we, who blush in shame,

will find there only is nothing to blame.

It's all done. But I’m done melting. 

Young enough to begin over, my hands,

strong against tearing apart, hold hard,

understand looks and still not too late,

hammer no hard nails into soft hearts.

We stand together and we fall together.

We both still can run, hell for leather,

face life with a grin. All broken dreams

in innocence start mending, it seems

music, love, kisses to lost loved past

might bring us both back to the start,

to hear us two sing again, begin again,

is it all for nought? Nothing will come

of nothing sought. Feelings deepening,

love so strong but all lost to weeping.

You're my first thought as morning rises, 

mourning our deep late sunset nights, 

when upon you, loss is only dawning.

To her kitchen sink will you be bound,

me amongst all our wildflowers found

with Angels, fool's passion growing old,

ambered love struck in buttercup gold.

 

Away with farewells, Goodbye kills us both.


Adieu dark prince, bathe in my sweet toast,

I kiss your journey with affectionate winds


voyaging far away from all our sweet sin.




No comments:

Post a Comment