Friday 23 February 2024

What Makes You Think You’re the One?

 

What Makes You Think You’re the One?

 

So - when you hit me, you hit hard,

I’m bleeding and I’m battle scarred,

looking long at what you left in me,

Dodged your bullet, now I’m free.

 

Floods that swamped willow's leaves,

your drops that fell, that fell on me,

that once sent shivers down my back,

I searched for what my life did lack.

 

I searched your pain, I searched for cracks,

I saw your face, I saw your tracks,

that came like tanks, to blossom fire,

my broken back, to mount you higher.

 

You rode my hope, you crushed, you grind,

you thought to blood me of my rhymes,

you did not think I’d ever find,

this life so warm, this love divine.

 

You made your choice, you made it wrong,

your juices dripping on these songs,

distraught you grieve for what has passed,

you’ll grieve until you breathe your last.

 

You supposed I only would find sorrow,

for where I led, you did not follow,

but yesterday’s airs must strain tomorrow’s,

search out your soul in lost Time’s hollow.




No comments:

Post a Comment