Saturday 22 July 2023

Yesterday Dreams

 Yesterday Dreams

 

Only yesterday you dreamed you saw me

but I wasn’t seen amongst clotted weeds,

nor did I smiling reply, hold out my arms,

entwine us both in unpractised charms.

Drained clouds dripping listless overhead

returning you the things you think we said,

that I called you Mistress, you me Master,

grief passing until we lovers sleep forever,

giving assent for we both have others now

but love remains somehow. Push ploughs

over small talk shared between you and I

hiding in your head under umbered skies,

built static congesting in your aching brain

stuffs hollow spaces, blocks holes in drains

as waters sprint to satisfy all empty cracks

below nimbostratus painting futures black,

little left to motivate leaves who hang slack

stirless and they haven’t even checked back

or dared a breath. Your wilful rainfall drums,

drowns summer places where I didn't come.




No comments:

Post a Comment