Sunday 13 August 2023

Don’t Repeat this Shirt

 

Don’t Repeat this Shirt

 

 

Dear, don’t repeat your shirt, she cries,

and that nose is getting longer when you lie

creaming each night, put between your toes

because that is where a bad fungus grows,

use Milcu, see a doctor of your feet,

please, use balm, for the old wounds are there.

Show me. This hard skin is coming white

where you put on your desk and write

I must soften, rubbing lotion but you are far,

I cannot hug you, and the days are long,

they do not go quick or move along.

She insists it is cotton, to rub your face,

sees deep lines on your skin to be erased,

it is not toilet paper. Words to make her smile,

these small shared ways of building worlds

in thought bubbles made into fortress walls

however simple, however small,

pouring thinning agents on thicker skin.

Your brows getting very big, I will trim,

dear, I will massage your aching limbs

when you come, I dress in only simple cloth,

for you will be the one to take that one off.




No comments:

Post a Comment