Wednesday 7 December 2022

…the face I can’t forget

 

…the face I can’t forget

 

 

Bewitched inside that scarlet black wrapped

where no curls are displaced, just stray wisps

beneath silk scarves, you’ll follow snaking hips

with wanting eye, urging her to come to me

in more curves than ever will surge River Nile.

 

Ah, your travelling looks, they roam, they kiss

just this side of fitting modesty and promise

and once you whispered but for that you risk,

all I could even dream would be given in tryst,

lissom negligent fingers traced my nape’s bliss.

 

For you only I will deny him this lace he lusts

which sculpts and clings me, says sinful things

that burst these seams your pleasures bring

to the very brink and sink us knotted in trust:

oh, these silks are weak that have me trussed.

 

Push him far from sound, out of her mind’s eye,

coyly comes her calling when together you’ll try

the patience of these flimsy things in hush duet.

She knows how busy tongues bring loving debt,

kneel tenderly before your face I can’t forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment