Saturday 30 May 2020

Last Summer


Last Summer



Oh, hello and look it’s you:
you were that one. That man.
Blowing kisses last summer,
looking hungry at my curves
undressing with your sex eyes,
inches and plunges, sly looks,
tip of your tongue to say it,
mouth it. I could tell the way
you didn’t stare, looked away
unquickly, following wire traces,
the bitten straps under skimpy
dresses as I turned my back
on you, to serve you daily.
Checked with expert skill,
peeled me slowly, silver birch,
all quivery as I was stripped
of bark, with my dirty looks,
taking your silky cigarettes,
sucking sticky satin smoke
through damp-white teeth,
leaning forward for just you.
Fold my arms here, beneath,
pushing them just very upwards
slightly, yes quite far enough,
peek at dark valley between
unspoken vows of much more.
Open lips. Pale pink blusher,
unshaven twists of gusset wisps,
had I any secret treats, thrills
to fill those long wet nights,
slip anything open mouthed,
thick and hot upon my tongue
to tickle watering taste buds,
sipped it, felt squeezing hands
tease open clasps, unzip, grip
tight legs within dripping thighs
bend over, scream quiet cries?
I have a partner now, creative
in work, making small figurines
from pure plastic. He cools
hot liquid, fills tiny moulds.
It sets, hardens into folds.
He’s such a catch, I’m hooked.
Bagged up in his fishing nets,
last summer went like cigarettes.






No comments:

Post a Comment