Thursday 4 March 2021

Watching

 

Watching

 

You are watching me, child,

and your eyes burn our skins.

Scanning us and all scorching

in downtime casual torching

of every move that we began.

 

I sense each sweating thought

and feel your combing fingers

through our joined minds linger

upon hot, detonated red flares

to search out if ever we cared.

 

Will you yet walk last long aisle

in tossed veil, and so careless

do you take that ring then smile?

I can feel you’re watching, child.

 

You are all hands stretching out

from shadows dark in every doubt.

But look how far, look how long,

to set right what was set wrong,

and it cannot hold. We will shout

 

love grows cold, it parts, enfolds

both lost lovers in fables untold,

just storybook pages torn in two

and I can feel me watching you

spill blackest ink and growing old.

 

Do you yet ride long last mile

in flowing train, and so careless

do you kiss that ring then smile?

I can feel you’re watching, child.

 

You are still watching me, child,

but I’m watching your back:

May I carry courage you lack

within me, like hard steel words

knighted with tempered sword,

 

incanting magic spells overcast

enchanting lovers' vows to last,

charming futures to never unfurl:

wise woman become not foolish girl,

light from dark will come to pass.

 

Must you strut that last long fret

in garlands pink, and so careless

do you toss that ring then still smile?

I can feel you’re watching, child.


Dylan's Track for WATCHING:

Played by 'Wiplash'


https://soundcloud.com/dylan-byleveld/watching-me/s-5qKbh9kyaYh





New Order: Crystal
We break easy
You complete me


No comments:

Post a Comment